Friday, December 3, 2010

Thanksgiving in Minnesota

As we've done for the past seven years, I spent Thanksgiving in Minnesota, while Jeff was with his family on the East Coast. Minnesota was really good - a bit cold, but some pretty holiday snow!

This was the first Thanksgiving in my parents' new house. Everything was really nice - we had lunch at my parent's house with the whole family - Mom, Dad, Brian, Emily, Katie, and Tom, and we had Uncle David, Aunt Natalie, Drew, MacKenzie, Mamie, and Grandma John.

My mom did pretty much all of the cooking. I meant to help, but I think I mostly just sat at the counter chatting while she prepared things. But I guess that system worked, because the food was all great!

After lunch we were all really full, so we hung out downstairs and all watched football, read ads for black Friday deals, and took naps. When we weren't completely full anymore, we had pie and ice cream.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1The relatives and Brian and Emily all left around 3 or 4pm, and then after spending a little bit of time flipping through wedding magazines, we decided we should go see a movie. So, my mom, dad, and I went and saw Harry Potter. (Katie and Tom decided to stay home.) The movie was really good - as all of the Harry Potter movies have been. I'm really excited for the last one!

No comments: