Monday, December 20, 2010

Minneapolis Weekend - Sunday

On Sunday, Jeff and I went to Emily's church for the 10:30am service, and then we came back into the city to meet up with my parents for brunch.

Damn Good Food: 157 Recipes from Hell's KitchenWe ate at Hell's Kitchen, which is supposed to be one of the best brunch places in the Twin Cities. Having eaten there, I couldn't argue with that. Jeff and I shared the lemon ricotta hotcakes and the huevos rancheros. Both were incredible. The lemon ricotta pancakes - I've never had any thing like them - they just melt in your mouth.

After that, we relaxed at home, watching Sunday football. We watched the "Red Zone" channel, which is this crazy channel that flips back and forth among the ongoing games to show you the goals and other highlights. It's like trying to watch all of the games, but letting someone else have the remote control.

Tron: Legacy Movie Glow in the Dark Poster Print - 22x34Tron (20th Anniversary Collector's Edition)In the evening, we decided to watch the original Tron movie. (Wow, that is 1980's, and wow that is a lot of very rudimentary computer imagery.) Then we went out to see Tron: Legacy. They did a pretty good job of having some throw-backs to the original, and in general it was a fun movie. My dad said it was an hour too long, and Jeff didn't think it had enough of a scifi feel (in the original movie, the electronic world is almost all crappy computer-generated imagery while in the new movie, it's pretty much all live-action). I reminded them that the movie we went to see was Tron: Legacy... I'm not sure how good they really expected it to be. In any case, it was a pretty fun way to spend an evening, I think.

No comments: