Thursday, January 6, 2011

Hello, 2011!

On New Year's Eve, Jeff and I went to First Avenue in Minneapolis. It's a nightclub that's been there since 1970. My mom used to go there when she was in high school! Despite the fact that it's sort-of a Minneapolis land mark, I've never actually been there before. It was fun to finally see it.



Our friend Mike had a group performing in the main room, and our friend Kevin's organization was hosting the party at the 7th Street Entrance. Paul, Jeff, and I got there only about 15 minutes before midnight. They were selling bottles of champagne, which I was sure were going to be really expensive, but when I asked, it turned out the three different bottles were $15, $20, or $25, depending on which one you get - not bad! So we had champagne, counted down from 10, and the balloons dropped. We had a really fun night. The one downside of celebrating New Year's Eve in Minneapolis, is that while you're waiting for a cab (which you'd be doing in any city...) it's really, really cold. But we did make it back to Paul's apartment eventually! It was a great night overall!

No comments: