Friday, July 2, 2010

Karate Kid

Jeff and I went and saw Karate Kid on Wednesday night. I'm a big fan of Jackie Chan, so I was pretty excited to see it. I thought the movie was really cute! It's definitely a kids movie, and its unlikely to win any Oscars, but I thought it was really fun. I wish Jackie Chan would have had more fight scenes (there's only one), because he's awesome. Jaden Smith did a really good job - very cute. Also, though the movie is 'Karate Kid,' they do make a point of saying that they're doing kung fu, not karate.

It was also cool to see all the Beijing tourist spots - I visited about five years ago, and remember stopping by a lot of places they go in the movie - the forbidden city, the street that sells scorpians on a stick, etc. I also have climbed the mountain they climbed in the movie - so cool!

No comments: