Thursday, July 29, 2010

True Blood

True Blood: The Complete First Season (HBO Series)Up until now, the vampire craze has mostly passed me by, but I've had lots of friends recommend True Blood, so I thought I'd check it out.

First off, the concept of the show is much more interesting than I had thought. The concept is that someone in Japan invented synthetic blood, and now vampires all over the world can "come out of the coffin" and live in society openly. There are issues with vampire rights debated on local TV. The show all takes place in a small town in Louisiana. A vampire comes to town, and people are varying levels of accepting. The main character, Sookie Stackhouse, falls in love with this vampire, and gets pulled into all sorts of vampire-related issues.

The show is actually pretty interesting and creative. It engaged me enough that I watched the entire series (up through the middle of Season 3 - which is in progress now) over a four-day period.

In fact, my friend Neera came to visit for a few days, and when she arrived on Monday, I was just finishing up Season 2. It turned out that she's a big fan of the show, but hadn't seen any of season 3, so we watched all five of the season 3 episodes that night after work. :)

No comments: