Sunday, July 18, 2010

Enjoying the Weather

One thing Jeff and I were acutely aware of while we were in Minnesota was how amazing the weather was - especially compared to DC. In Minnesota almost everyday has been sunny, usually with weather in the mid-70's. (In DC, it's consistently been in the 90's and humid.) So, as our time in Minnesota was starting to wind down, we wanted to make sure to enjoy the day.

We took a lunch break from work on Thursday to meet up with my mom and some of her co-workers. We went to Maynards, which is a restaurant right on Lake Minnetonka. We sat out on the patio, which is a beautiful spot. The food was good, though I thought the pesto flat bread Jeff and I shared was a bit oily. Still a very nice lunch.

When we got back to our house, Jeff and I decided to spend the afternoon doing work out on the patio behind my house. It was a perfect time to be outside. One of the most relaxing and pleasant afternoons of the whole trip.

For dinner, Jeff and I and my parents ordered a bunch of food from Outback Steakhouse. They have great appetizers - bloomin' onion, aussie fries, kookaburra wings, etc. 

No comments: