Saturday, July 24, 2010

Happy Hour @ Founding Farmers

Last Tuesday, Jeff and I met up for Happy Hour with friends at Founding Farmers. Tommy, Eric, Lindsey, and Stephanie all stopped by. I'd never been to Founding Farmers, though it's fairly close to my work and to GWU, and I've been really wanting to try it.

The drink menu is very extensive - it's another of the 'craft cocktail' bars in DC. I really like trying drinks that are different and creative. The two drinks I tried were:


The Stork Club: With the repeal of Prohibition, the Stork Club was opened in 1929 by former “bootlegger” Sherman Billingsley. Let’s raise our hands in celebration, cheers! (Plymouth Gin, Cointreau noir, lime juice, orange juice and a dash of Angostura Bitters.)



Farmer’s Fizz: A delicious blend of Plymouth Gin, St. Germain Elderflower liqueur, and sparkling brut Prosecco–celebrate any occasion with this fantastic variation on the champagne cocktail.

The food is also very good - particularly the flat bread. The flat bread is sort of like bruscetta - it's served cold on multiple pieces of bread. The Salami, Ricotta, & Hand-made Pesto was my favorite. The popcorn - which is only $2 - was surprisingly good as well. The popcorn of the day was flavored with Old Bay, and was so tasty!

No comments: