Sunday, July 18, 2010

Last Day in Minnesota!

Saturday was our last full day in Minnesota. We started the day pretty early - Jeff, my mom, and I left around 8:30am to drive out to Eau Claire, Wisconsin. We had brunch at my Uncle David and Aunt Natalie's house. Brunch was great - they went all out - so there were belgian waffles, egg and potato bake, sausages, english muffins, and lots of fruit. Mackenzie, Drew, Asami, Mamie and Grandpa Ray were all there, too. It was really nice to be able to see everybody before we headed back to DC.

After brunch, Jeff and I went with my Mom out to Maple Grove, to see the official inspection of the house that my parents are interested in. We drew plans and did a bunch of measurements. We took tons of pictures. Here's one of the kitchen, which gives a good sense of how light and pretty the house is in general.

After the inspection, we grabbed a quick dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings. I've decided that hot barbeque and medium are the best two flavors.

From there, it was off to the theater. We went to Marcus Cinema in Oakdale, which is where I used to work when I was in high school. It's had a lot of different construction done since we were there - there is a mini-restaurant and a big 'ultrascreen.'

The Sorcerer's ApprenticeWe saw "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" with Nick Cage. It was fun - about what you'd expect from a Disney movie based on one song from Fantasia. :)

No comments: