Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog

I had an awesome lunch today. I was attending an all-day meeting of the NASA Advisory Council's Heliophysics Subcommittee (which was actually kind of fun and interesting, but not the main focus of this blog post). There is a group of Next Gen people (young professionals) at NASA that get together once a week for lunch, and today I was able to join them. Usually they have lunch on the roof, but today, they decided to have a 'movie lunch.' They played the movie in the Space Operations Center (SOC). The SOC is the cool high-tech looking room with giant screens where they coordinate operations with astronauts on the International Space Station. But instead, we had giant screens playing "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog." Awesome.

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along BlogSo, about the movie. 'Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog' was created by Joss Weedon (same guy that did Firefly - also a great show). It stars Neil Patrick Harris (Doogie Howser) as Dr. Horrible and Nathan Fillion (Captain Mal on Firefly) as his nemesis, Captain Hammer. (Also, I justed noticed that it's kind of funny that Neil Patrick Harris plays a doctor in both of the shows I mentioned and Nathan Fillion plays a captain in both the shows I mentioned.) Dr. Horrible is odd and silly and I really enjoyed it. Definitely unique. I'd recommend checking it out! (And you can watch it for free on Hulu!)

No comments: