Sunday, June 6, 2010

Ender's Game

Ender's Game (Ender, Book 1)I mentioned in my past blog post that I read "Ender's Game" over the Memorial Day weekend. It's a classic sci-fi book, and it's won a couple of major awards.

It's set in the future. The Earth has been attacked by aliens twice, and now humans are preparing for the next fight. They recruit children very early to train them as military officers, taking them to a training school in space. It's basically about the journey of this one kid, "Ender," as he goes through this system.

It's an interesting book, a quick read, and I did enjoy it. (And I'd recommend it if you've never read it!) I don't think it completely blew me away, but it was fun and different. I kind of wish I had read it when I was younger - I wonder if as a kid you would identify more closely with Ender. This is our book club book this month, so I'm excited to discuss it with people who read it at different stages in their life to see what they thought about it.

No comments: