Saturday, June 5, 2010

Working in DC

For my job, I generally do space policy research - this may require reading news articles, reports, testimonies, and all sorts of other materials. But one unique method of info-gathering that I get to do since I'm in DC is head up to Capital Hill and get the latest news from the people making the policy. Pretty cool.

A couple weeks ago, I had one of those days where I essentially spent the whole day "on the Hill." In the morning, I went to a Senate Hearing on Chinese military and civilian aerospace developments. Over lunch, I visited a NASA event on the House side about spin-off technologies. In the afternoon, I went to a round-table in the Senate Side of the Capital Visitor's Center about developing human-ratings for commercial space craft. All pretty interesting meetings, but there's something about having the opportunity to go to the Capitol building for work that is very surreal.

No comments: