Thursday, August 26, 2010

Madame Tussauds

I've been writing reviews on Yelp a lot over the past months - I like to keep track of where I've been and what I thought of the place, and it makes sense to share those reviews with other people. Anyway, I reviewed so many things so quickly, that I was invited to join "Yelp Elite." As part of this group, you get invited to cool events to try food, drinks, and entertainment places for free!

So, the first event that I was able to attend was a reception at Madame Tussauds. It was really fun - with beer and wine and appetizers from Cafe Toscanna.

I've never been to Madame Tussauds before, though of course I've heard of it, so it was fun to finally see what it was like. At first, it's definitely a little strange to see all these fake, waxy famous people around you. But I liked the displays - they had really interesting little placards about all the people and some fun interactive quizzes. (I scored 100% on the quiz about the Watergate Scandal - Yay for comps studying having practical applications!) They also had a cool area set up with a DJ - it's actually kind of a neat area for a reception - the dance floor is surrounded by wax figures of Hollywood actors and famous singers/ dancers. (I was dancing at one point, and then thought for a second - why is that creepy guy smiling at me so intently - only to realize it was a - very smiley - wax figure of Tom Cruise.) On the way out, Jeff and I decided to take some pictures (they're all taken with my phone, since I forgot my camera), and it's really hard to hold back from making silly faces. So I didn't try.











No comments: