Saturday, August 14, 2010

DC Night Out

On Friday, some of our friends from Baltimore - Tim, Rachel, Nick, and Calea - came down to DC for a night out.

We started out with dinner at Ulah Bistro, a small restaurant on U Street. Jeff and I had never been there before, but we really liked it. It has some really reasonably priced dishes - around $8 for a sandwich or burger - and the food was really good. The crab dip, in particular, was really tasty, as was the olive tapenade. Jeff's ahi tuna salad looked really nice and tasted great as well.

After dinner we headed to The Gibson for drinks. That's the speak-easy place we've been to before. I think it might be my favorite place in DC for cocktails. The drinks are just really interesting and creative, but always taste good. Our friends from Baltimore seemed to really like it, too.



After that, we went down to Penn Quarter to PS7's - another bar known for its craft cocktails. I thought the Gnome's Water was really good - it tasted very cucumber-y. Jeff had 'the cure,' which I think is one of the most interesting cocktails I've seen - it's made with Miller High Life - but it's actually really good.

Next we were ready to dance, so we headed to Dupont Circle to my favorite dance spot - Cafe Citron. As always, I enjoyed the music, and everybody seemed to have a good time.

Overall - great night out in DC!

No comments: