Thursday, June 2, 2011

Wedding Weekend - Friday, May 27

On Friday morning of the wedding weekend, I woke up a little early (around 8am) and went to the spa with my mom. I started with an hour-long massage at 9am, which is a great way to start the day. After that, my mom and I had manicures at the same time, and then I had a pedicure while she had a chair massage. It was a nice way to relax and spend some time with my mom before everything started.

I had hoped to be done with all of my planning by Friday morning, so that after the spa, I could just get ready and head downtown, but there were a few things left to do. One thing I had planned on that I really wanted to finish was the folders for each person in the wedding party and the people helping out. I had made maps, schedules, notes of where I needed help carrying things, and additional notes for special jobs (like copies of the van rental confirmation, and signs that says “Mariel and Jeff Wedding BBQ” for the van drivers.) I just thought these would be really nice to make sure everyone knows what’s going on and when they have activities or not. And also to be sure nobody felt lost getting to wedding activites in a new city. I did lots and lots of printing (ran out of ink more than once), and my mom helped me put things in the pockets. (And yes, I did realize the irony of running late because I was busy printing schedules.)

Eventually we finished up, and my mom and I headed over to Brit’s Pub on Nicollet Mall to meet up with Jeff, people from the wedding party, and family. It was really fun to see everyone (and to pass out the yellow folders). We had drinks and appetizers and eventually dinner – all of which was really good. Stepahnie and Pooja paid for my drinks and food, which was really sweet of them.

After dinner at Brit’s, around 6pm, we all headed back to the Hotel Minneapolis to meet up with other people in the bar. There were a fair number of people – mostly our friends from DC, Baltimore, and Boston, but also some family. We had drinks and chatted with them until about 11pm, and then headed back to my parents’ house to get some sleep.

No comments: