Monday, April 19, 2010

Minnesota!

When I bought the plane ticket to attend the conference in Colorado Springs, it turned out that my return flight had a layover in Minneapolis. I decided to turn the one hour layover into a weekend layover by ditching the second half of my trip to DC and just buying a one-way to take me back on US Airways (officially extending the layover was really expensive for some reason, so this was a better option.) Jeff got a great deal on a ticket and came for the weekend, too.

We had an awesome trip, with Saturday being the most eventful day. I was exhausted when we got in on Friday, so we mostly hung out with my parents, watching Doctor Who and eating Chinese food.

On Saturday, we saw a Twins game at the new stadium and visited friends - but these are things that will get their own post, since I have pics and more to say.

On Sunday, we had a pretty quiet day - lunch outside at Panera with my parents, some monkeying around with electronics trying to figure out how to record from our DVR to a DVD, and then dinner at my brother's house (with amazing food - thanks Emily!).

It was especially nice to go home this weekend, because my parents are selling the house, and it could easily (hopefully) be sold before I get back to Minnesota again. I've been in that house since I was about 5 years old, so though it's exciting (and makes sense) for my parents to move, it's crazy to imagine going to Minnesota and not going to that house. Lots of memories...

No comments: