Sunday, December 28, 2008

California Christmas (and Hanukkah)!

Jeff and I went to California for a couple days (Dec. 21-24) to celebrate the holidays with his family. This year, we went to his aunt and uncle's house in Sebastopol, in Sonoma County. It was fun to see family, and since we were in wine country, we made a couple quick stops into local wineries. Jeff got some bunny slippers for Christmas that he's very fond of now.
I celebrated Hanukkah for the first time of my life - I lit menorah candles with Jeff and his family for the first couple days of Hanukkah. It was really nice, and interesting, and led me to read up a bit on Jewish holidays.

We did a bit of sight-seeing in the area. One activity included walking along Florence Street, which is famous for its lawn art - designed by Patrick Amiot. I have pictures below, and you can see more on his website (http://www.patrickamiot-brigittelaurent.com/). It's all made of old 'junk', so its pretty impressive to see what he's put together.

No comments: