Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Matador and Superbad

The Matador
This movie stars Pierce Brosnan and Greg Kinnear and is hilarious. It's about a lonely hitman reaching the end of his working years (Brosnan) who randomly befriends a failing businessman (Kinnear) in Mexico. I've never seen Brosnan play a roll like he does here - a drunk, down and out loner (as opposed to his sleak James Bond). I'd definitely recommend the movie, and thanks to my mom who ensured I watched it before leaving town!



Superbad
I feel like I was the only one who didn't see this movie in the theaters, so when I got the opportunity to watch it at my brother's house, I decided to do it. It is a very funny movie, though really crude. I think I may have gotten too much hype after the long wait of not seeing it, but it is a silly, funny, gross, and occasionally witty comedy. And Jonah Hill and Michael Cera are amazing together. Boop, boop.

No comments: