Saturday, June 7, 2008

Nebraska - Day 2

Today was our second day in Nebraska. Jeff and I started out by going to the zoo, which boasts the largest indoor rain forest in the world as well as a desert dome. I haven't been to the zoo in a few years, so it was fun to walk around and see everything.For lunch, we went to my mom's work and met up with her co-workers, which was very nice. Then Jeff and I headed off to "Taste of Omaha" to continue our eating and enjoy the Missouri River. We also walked along the ConAgra campus, which is very pretty along the river.
Around 3:30, I decided I was exhausted and seeing as how I'm basically on vacation, decided I could take a nap. So we headed back to the hotel for a very relaxing afternoon nap.

For dinner, my mom, Jeff, and I went back to the river-front downtown and ate at Rick's. The restaurant is right on the river and has a great view. There was live music because of the Taste of Omaha. After dinner, we went to Village Pointe, an out-door mall/walking area and did a bit of light shopping to round out the day. My mom bought earrings, and we both got business card holders, but that was the extent of our buying.

Tomorrow morning we're planning on getting up early to head back to Minnesota, possibly with a quick drive-through tour of Des Moines on the way.

No comments: