Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Middle School Flashback

Alright, Kathleen, you got me. Now I've officially been tagged, which comes with a specific set of rules (below). Somehow this reminds me of all the forward emails in Middle School where you have to pass things on, though I didn't even get a promise of wish come true. However, it is described as a challenge, so here it goes!

Rules: Answer the following questions about yourself. At the end of the post you pass on the questions to 6 other people. Write them a comment telling them that they've been tagged and ask them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know that you've accepted the challenge and refer to your post.


1. What were you doing 10 years ago?
Hmm... 10 years ago was 1998, which for me would have been the summer after 8th grade. Man, what do you do when you're 14, have no car or driver's license, and school's just let out? I was probably just hanging out at my house, talking on the phone to Annette, enjoying the summer, and getting excited to go to high school in a few months.

2. Five items on today's "to do" list:
I highly doubt all of these things will be done today, but they're on my to do list to be finished before going to Spain...

1. Fix my computer - I'm at my brother's house, and really hoping he knows the solution to fixing my computer - it's old, slow, and a little sticky (there was an unfortunate incident involving a slightly unstable glass of orange juice)
2. Finishing my ISS Paper - Ah, I really need to do this - I just keep editing, revising, re-writing, and this process needs to be done again
3. Read "Colossus - The Rise and Fall of the American Empire" - Adam lent me this book, and I really want to finish it in the next couple weeks so I can get it back to him before leaving for Spain (he's probably appreciate that as well...) Also, it's a good book.
4. Space Weather Paper - I'm waiting to hear from my professor about comments, but once that happens, I'll need to do some revising and rewriting on this paper as well.
5. Renew Driver's License - Yep, I keep getting older, and it's about time to renew. I still carry a Minnesota license, so it has to be done here.

3. What snacks do you enjoy?
This question doesn't really seem to fit with the others. But the answer is spinach and artichoke dip. Or chocolate ice cream. Yum. Or coffee... I really want coffee right now. But probably not all those things at the same time.

4. What would you do if you were a billionaire?
I guess it depends if I got to be a billionaire through some kind of mystical appearance of money in my bank account, in which case I'd probably be trying to investigate why billions of dollars appeared in my account, of if I got to be a billionaire by working at some high-end investment job, in which case, I imagine I'd still be working there - if I didn't stop at 100 million, what's gonna stop me at a billion? (Yikes, that was one sentence - my second grade teacher would be horrified.)

Ohhh... how I would spend the money... Probably move into an apartment with more than one room. Probably.

5. Where would you live?
I'd still live in the city - someplace central. But you'd hardly be able to call it living there, cause with all that money I'd be doing tons of traveling (and bringing all my friends with me, of course!) and spending time in fun hotels.

Similar to Kathleen, I don't know if I know six other bloggers to infect with this tagging disease. Hmm... I've got Drew, Jeff, Pritchard, Stephanie, and Andrew... and that's probably it for people who will get tagged and (most likely) still be friends with me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, I'll still be friends with you after this!

I just have to think about these answers now...

Drew said...

what do you mean "tagging me?"

Drew said...

nevermind, I didn't even read the post before I asked you. Haha

Anonymous said...

http://daveagp.wordpress.com/2008/06/25/tag-youre-it/

Anonymous said...

http://graduatedlearning.wordpress.com/2008/06/30/ive-been-tagged/