Sunday, November 7, 2010

Living at Stephanie's

Our friend Stephanie is out of town this weekend, and she offered to let Jeff and I stay at her house and borrow her car. It's worked out really well, it helps a lot to have a little space and be able to just spend the day in one spot - doing work and watching a little TV. 

I mentioned before that our clothes are mostly ok, though they have some soot on them. This is a good example - this T-shirt of Jeff's was on the top of the pile of folded clothes - you can tell the square area that was on top - it's a light shade of gray instead of white.

At Stephanie's, we did a bunch of loads of laundry, so now we have clothes that don't smell like smoke. It's a somewhat odd collection, though, since we just have whatever was folded in one of our three closets. Jeff has T-shirts, sweaters, shorts, socks, and underwear. I now have pajamas, T-shirts, sweaters, and cardigans. Neither of us has any pants, other than the ones we were wearing.

Stephanie packed me a bag of clothes to complement what I picked up from my place. So now I do have some jeans to wear, along with other things. She also put together a package of things from Target - toothbrush, toothpaste, deoderant, etc., which was really thoughtful.

Also, Stephanie has two dogs - Petey and Snaffle, that are both really cute. Petey never gets tired of playing catch. 


No comments: