Monday, August 23, 2010

Caribbean Cruise - Day 4 - Cozumel, Mexico

On the fourth day of the cruise, we were at the port in Cozumel, Mexico. Jeff and I got up around 9am and had breakfast on our balcony (again). We kind of got ready to go, but realized that neither one of us really felt in much of a hurry to get off the boat. We'd had a long day at the beach the day before. So instead, we spent the whole morning lounging around in the room.

Kick-AssWe watched the movie "Kick Ass," which is about a high school kid that decides to dress up and try to be a super hero. It was pretty funny, but be prepared for some seriously bad language from some fairly young kids.

I think having a balcony caused me to spend lots more time in my room than I usually do on a cruise. It was just so convenient to have your own place to relax and enjoy the view and fresh air.

We finally decided to get up and go around lunch time. Our first stop was a restaurant on the ship called "Bistro on Five," which specialized in crepes and panini's. There was a $5 service charge for eating there, but I loved my panini, and it was incredibly filling - I couldn't even fathom ordering a dessert crepe when I'd finished, even though that had been my original plan.

It was really hot in Cozumel, so Jeff and I did a quick loop of the shops at the pier, decided we were too hot and sunburnt to want to go to the beach, and then went back to the ship. We were probably on land for a total of 15 minutes.


Instead we went to the beautiful, shady, cool Solarium. I decided to take a nap, and somehow managed to sleep away two or three hours. Then it was just a hop, skip, and a jump to the Fitness Center. (I was now reading "The Girl Who Played with Fire.")

In the evening we had dinner and then continued our reading back in the room.

No comments: