Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Vicky Cristina Barcelona

Jeff and I saw "Vicky Cristina Barcelona" last night. It's the newest Woody Allen movie, and it's set, as you may have guessed, in Barcelona. It's about two American girls who go to Barcelona for the summer. The main roles are all characatures of personalities, but I think that adds to the movie and makes it more funny and interesting. I loved Penelope Cruz in the movie - her character was funny pretty much all of the time, and the dialogue between her and Javier Bardem was hilarious. Overall, I thought the movie was funny and enjoyable, and I'd recommend seeing it.

However, being an American girl recently returned from a summer in Barcelona, I may be biased. I loved all the Spanish-speaking, and Javier Bardem's Spanish accent. It was really fun to see them strolling through Park Guell, visiting Gaudi buildings on Passeig de Gracia, and even going to the Gaudi park on Pedralbes - which I walked by every day in August to get from my housing (Penyafort) to classes (in Vertex).

No comments: