Monday, September 8, 2008

I can drive a manual car!

Well, there's not much more to say than what's in the title. Laurent started lessons this summer in France, and Jeff and I practiced a bit more last weekend in Maryland. This weekend, once we got to Pennsylvania, I took over the driving (Jeff drives a manual car). I drove all around the Poconos, and even drove most of the way to Philadelphia and all of the way back. I'm not great (as evidenced by Patrick's making fun of me non-stop when he's in the car), but I can make the car move without stalling or hitting anything, so I count that as success. I'm not sure I'd be up for crazy inner-city driving, but generally I feel much more comfortable, and I think I could do it if I had to. Planning to practice more next weekend when we visit Baltimore - thanks to Jeff for trusting me to learn using his car!

No comments: