Thursday, September 25, 2008

201st Post

This is the 201st post on my blog! I'm going to use it to write about two movies I saw recently.
Dr. Strangelove
This movie was made in 1964 by Stanley Kubrick, and is a dark comedy about a semi-accidental nuclear strike against Russia during the cold war. It's a little bit slow getting started, but once you're into it, it's very funny. I especially loved when the president talks to the Russian head of state, Dimitri. "I am as sorry as you are, Dmitri! Don't say that you're more sorry than I am, because I'm capable of being just as sorry as you are... So we're both sorry, all right?"


Burn After Reading
This is the newest Coen brothers movie - starring Brad Pitt, George Clooney, John Malcovich, and a bunch of other hilarious and talented actors and actresses. It's about two people who work at a gym who find the memoirs of an ex-CIA agent, and basically bungle the situation. Also pretty funny, this movie is reminiscent of Fargo. The plot wouldn't sound that funny if you just heard it, but somehow you're laughing throughout.

No comments: