Saturday, August 22, 2009

Champagne, Baseball, and Movies

Yesterday was officially my last day at Raytheon. I badged myself in for the last time, dropped off my laptop, phone, corporate card, and other Raytheon things, and that was it!

That evening, Jeff and I had plans to go the the National's game. They just signed a new pitcher, and to celebrate they sold a bunch of tickets online for $1. The weather in DC has been super hot and muggy, with occasional rain, and it stayed that way during the game - mostly it was nice, but there were a couple times we paused for rain. Lucky for us, we were sitting under an awning, so we stayed pretty comfortable. The Nationals were doing pretty well, but then fell behind - they hit a homerun in the 9th inning, but it wasn't enough to win.

After the game we went back to our apartment and had some champagne to celebrate my last day at Raytheon. We also watched 'Sixteen Candles' which is one of those 80's movies my mom never let me watch. (Ferris Bueler and Breakfast Club were allowed.) It was funny and cheesy, with language bad enough that I probably wouldn't let a little kid watch it either.

The other thing I randomly watched this morning was the TV show 'This American Life'. It's just like the radio show on NPR (both narrated by Ira Glass). I love the radio show, so I guess it's no surprise. They do a really good job of getting really good, interesting or emotional vignettes of people's lives in a relatively short period of time. If you have netflix, it's available on 'play instantly', so check it out!

No comments: