Sunday, December 16, 2007

Charleston



I just spent a few days visiting Charleston, SC. It was a really great trip. I was there for meetings for work, so most of my tourist experience had to be after 5pm, but it worked out well anyway. I saw a lot of market street and visited a lot of different restaurants and pubs along that street.

I had coffee at a cute place near my hotel, though unfortunately, I don't remember exactly where - I was staying on Meeting Street a few blocks north of Market, so somewhere around there.

I also had a really good time the day we went for lunch in North Charleston. We ate at Aunt Mae's (I think that was the name). I had fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, and green beans - and sweet tea to drink. The mayor was there while we were there, which was pretty cool.

One of the evenings we drove along the water front by Battery Park, which was very cool. The houses in Charleston are unbelievable - I'd love to go back someday and see more of the town, but for a short trip I thought I got a good feel for the city.

No comments: