Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thirty Pages of Space Weather

So, for the past few days I have been madly typing away trying to write the final report on "Space Weather, Aviation, and Space Flight" as a wrap-up to the research I did first semester and the workshop that I helped run in January. In the last three days I've written about 30 pages of space weather summary. (The final report is supposed to be about 50 pages.) Clearly, I've still got a ways to go, but I've been pretty proud of my productivity level. I basically wake up, work on space weather all day, and then go to bed. Some notable exceptions to this schedule:

1. Classes: I have classes on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so each day I've had to take a break and interact with other people... which can be tough after a long day of space weather writing.

2. Email checking: I'm only human. Though I'm falling behind in responding to emails, so I must not be spending as much as usual.

3. End of a talk on Space Commercialization: On Tuesday, I caught the very end of a talk on space commercialization. Then I took 7 left-over subway sandwich pieces. See, Jeff's not the only one who makes dinner for us.

4. Cork Wine Bar: I took a brief break Tuesday night to chat with Al and Jeff at "Cork", a wine bar that just opened down the street. It was pretty crowded, but probably because it was the grand opening. It seemed nice though, - I'll have to check it out again on a quieter day.

5. Battlestar Galactica: I have Net Flix now (Jeff got it for me for Christmas), and I'm currently working my way through season 2.5 of Battlestar Galactica. So whenever a new disk comes, I have to take a four hour break to watch it. (It's really addicting.)

6. Chocolate City: Today after class, Jeff, Ransom and I saw this great documentary about a neighborhood in Washington, DC.

...and that's it. So now, back to space weather.

No comments: