Friday, January 18, 2008

New York and DC

I went to New York again last weekend - I had planned to go just for the day on Saturday, but ended up making a weekend of it. I had gone to visit Pooja, who is going to Africa for six months, and my sister. On Saturday, Jeff, Pooja and I planned to go to Alice's Tea Cup for lunch, but when we got there we found out there was a three-hour wait. We put our names on the list, but decided to give up on having lunch there. Instead, we went to a diner around the corner called "Eat Here Now", which ended up not to be as great as we'd hoped, considering the urgency of the name. When we were finished we headed back to Alice's Tea Cup, even though it had only been about an hour and a half. They were able to seat us pretty quickly, and then we ended up sitting and having tea for 3 hours. They have over a hundred kinds of tea, and it was a very nice place.

On Saturday night Jeff went back to DC, and Pooja, Katie and I hung out at Pooja's apartment. We ordered pizza, had girl talk, and watched "Legally Blonde" - it's been years since I've seen that.

Katie and I decided to walk back to her dorm in the morning, which was a decently long walk from near Battery Park up to 27th and 7th Ave. That took us directly through SoHo and Chinatown, so we had an inadvertent shopping spree. Katie got a great new purse and wallet. We hung out in her room in the afternoon, organizing and getting ready for the next semester. Katie is currently working in the French Connection Corporate offices, so she's busy all day on the weekdays, so it was nice to be able to hang out over the weekend.

In the evening Pooja and I met back up, and she actually came back with me to DC. She had never seen my apartment and wanted to visit some people in DC before leaving. Even though the only evening we had to go out was a Monday, we made the best of it. Pooja and I played Wii in a restaurant/bar, which was pretty great. We met some fun people and ended up chatting late into the night.Overall it was a fun extended weekend, and really nice to see my sister and Pooja!

No comments: