Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Katie visits DC!

Last weekend, Katie called me at about noon on Friday and asked if I thought she should visit DC for the weekend, to which I said, “of course!” So she got a bus ticket for a few hours later and was in DC by that evening.

We spent most of the weekend doing work – Katie had a bunch of drawings that she needed to do for class, and I was working on final edits for The Space Report 2010 for work.

We did have some fun, though. On Saturday, Jeff, Katie, and I met up with Stephanie and a friend of hers. We intended to go to a photography exhibition, but the line was about two blocks long, so we gave up on that.


Instead, we went to Ping Pong Dim Sum for cocktails. I had the lychee and roses martini (officially one of my favorite drinks) while Katie had the “Ping Pong” which was also very good.


We had a late dinner at Oyamel, a restaurant that does Mexican tapas. Since there were five of us, we had the opportunity to try lots of different things. The mussels and the quilacoche were both very good, as were the tacos. The guacamole is good, but I’m not sure it lives up to its $13 price-tag. Overall, dinner was very good, though.

On Sunday, Katie and I went for coffee and oatmeal at Starbucks (I had a coupon) and on a short walk to get cupcakes from “Hello Cupcake” in Dupont Circle. It was a beautiful day, so it was nice to get out a bit.

Katie headed back to the greyhound station and was back in NYC later that evening.

No comments: