Friday, May 29, 2009

San Diego

I had a week-long meeting in San Diego. I'd never been to the city before, so it was really fun to spend some time seeing new areas. I also had the chance to hang out with my friend, Alan, who I hadn't seen in over a year. We went to Fashion Valley (I think that's what it's called...) for a bit and then to Balboa Park, before grabbing Mexican food near his place in La Mesa.

I stayed in the Hyatt downtown, which had a great view, and was walking distance to the Seaside Village and the Gas Lamp District, which was really fun.

On Friday, I had some time to drive around, and saw Coronado Beach (where I got quite sunburnt on my walk) and hotel Del. I drove down Silver Strand beach, and looking at the map, I now realize I must have been about 5 miles from Mexico.

I went for a drive along Sunset Cliffs Blvd, then headed to Cabrillo National Monument. I drove briefly along Mission Bay to Pacific Beach, before heading back to the city for a short walk and dinner in Old Town.

No comments: